Bitcoin Transaction volume takes up 10% of all volume

A new article dropped with a nugget that many people may not have noticed but is very significant. It said that 10% of BTC volume was for transactions(as in buying stuff) and the other 90% was speculation. This was a surprised to me because I had figured 99.9% of the volume was speculation and only a sliver was transactional. If it is true that 10% is transactional volume, that means even if you use open market cap, which discards what they regard as “fake” volume, there is still about $150 million spent in BTC per day to purchase things. That is a lot more than I would have expected and shows that crypto is further along in adoption that I had thought.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s